UK Study Visa Guide
An overview ,a summary of requirements:You can apply for student visa to UK.If you are 16 or above.If you are offered a place on a course by an educational institute.If you can speak read and write English.If you can support yourself and pay fees of your course. If you are from a country that’s not in European economic area(EEA) or Switzerland.If you meet other eligibility criteria.
The process of applying for visa:
If you are applying outside UK following is the procedure.
- You will have to apply online for student visa
- You are required to have biometric information that is your finger prints and photograph taken at visa application center as part of your application.
- If you are applying from north Korea you cannot apply online
- You will have to download the form and appendix
Applying from within UK:
- If you are in UK you can extend your this visa, you can also switch to this visa.
Following documents are required for visa
- You need Passport and other travel documentation
- 2 passport size photographs with your name written on the back side.
- You will have to provide proof that you can support yourself and pay for the course
- If you are under 18 you will have to provide proof of parent or other legal guardian
- If you are in a country where you need to take tuberculosis test then you need to provide results of this test
- A blank page on passport is required for putting the visa
- You can arrive 1 week before the course starts if your course duration is 6 months or less
- You can arrive 1 month before the course starts if your course duration is more than 6 months
- Your stay duration also depends on the kind of course you are doing and kind of study you have already completed
- You can also apply to extend your stay
- What you can do during your study:
- You can study
- You can work as a student in union sabbatical officer
- You can also work but that depends on the type of your course and sponsor.
- You can also bring a family member with you.
- You can apply to extend your stay
- What you are not allowed to do during your stay:
- You can’t get any public funds
- You can’t work as a professional sportsman or a sports coach.
- You can only apply for student visa if you have an offer of a place in a course from an educational institute.
- You should also be able to support yourself and for tuition fee of course.
Courses you can apply for?
- You can apply for such courses which are at least of level 6
- You can apply for such overseas courses of degree level to UK higher education course and is run by an overseas higher education institute.
- You can apply for a course which is atleast 15 hours per week.
- You can also apply for a program as postgraduate doctor or dentist.
- You can apply for visa if you have a degree in medicine or dentistry.
Confirmation of acceptance of studies:
When an educational institute provide you a place in a course they will send you a number called confirmation of acceptance of studies. You will have to enter this number on your visa application.
You must apply within 6 months after you get confirmation of acceptance of studies(CAS)
Further study in UK:
You will get a CAS for a new course only if:
- You have already studied in uk
- If you are applying for a qualification at a higher academic level or at the same level but adds to your previous qualification.
- You are resitting or repeating modules
- You are applying to a new institute in order to complete a course you started somewhere else
Knowledge of English language:
One of the requirements of visa is English, you will have to prove your skill in English when you apply for visa
You can meet language requirements by passing English language test whish should be of at least level B1 on the common European Framework of Reference(CEFR)
You can also meet language requirement if you are considered by sponsor to be a gifted student.
You can also meet language requirement if you have an academic qualification that was taught in majority English speaking country and this qualification should be recognized by UK NARIC as equivalent to UK bachelors degree or if you have completed a course as Tier 4(child) student that was at least 6 months long and was finished less than 2 years before you got your confirmation of acceptance of studies (CAS)
If you are a national of any one of the following countries you don’t need to prove your knowledge of English languages
- Antigua and Barbuda
- The Bahamas
- New zealand
- St kitts and Nevis
- St lucia
- St Vincent and Grenadines
- Trinidad and Tboago
There are five easy steps that you must follow to get USA Study Visa.Get an Admission The first step towards obtaining US Study Visa is to get an admission in an authorized educational Institute. It is important to describe here that getting an admission is a time........ Read More
Norway is the only country that offers education free of cost for the students of other countries including our country Pakistan.Therefore it a golden opportunity for Pakistani students to continue their studies in Norway. You can secure admission........ Read More
First you have to apply in University for admission, getting admission is not an easy task because students from everywhere apply for admission therefore you have to apply for number of courses in several universities so that you have a good chance of securing........ Read More
Any Pakistani student who wishes to continue his/her studies at New Zealand can send his application to the immigration office located at Dubai its address is given below. Immigration New Zealand – Dubai BranchSuite 1503, API Tower Sheikh Zayed Road Dubai, United Arab Emirates........ Read More
To apply for Australian study visa you have to follow number of steps.Selection of Institution & Course.There are two ways to take admission in any institution & Course.You can directly apply for admission to an institution though its website for submission of application......... Read More