USA Study Visa Guide
There are five easy steps that you must follow to get USA Study Visa. Get an Admission The first step towards obtaining US Study Visa is to get an admission in an authorized educational Institute. It is important to describe here that getting an admission is a time consuming process in US so you must start applying for admission as soon as possible.
- Once you apply for admission in any of institution they will enter all of your information in an online system called SEVIS (Student and Exchange Visitor Information System) and will send you Form I-20. You and your educational institute need to sign Form I-20.
The Second step is to complete Nonimmigrant Visa Application form online called as Form DS 160. The following information will be required while filling the DS 160 Form.
- Travel Plan.
- Detail regarding your previous visit to US.ID that is printed on form I-20.
- Address of the College/University in which you took admission.
After completing D160 form, get print out of this form with alphanumeric barcode using a good quality printer. You will have to bring the confirmation page with you in your interview with visa counselor. It is advisable for you to email DS-160 form to yourself in order to keep a backup.Fees Payment
You need to pay Visa Processing Fee i.e $160. To pay the said fees either by visiting American Express Travel Services Visa Center or SpeedEx Center (Address is given below)Islamabad
- AEG Travel Services / American Express Travel Services
- Plot # 3 & 4 I&T Center
- G-8/4, Islamabad
- Tel +92-51 226-6450 to 57
- UAN +92-51-111-786-111
- Fax: +92-51-226-6474
- U.S Visa Services Center
- Ground Floor
- Shaheen Commercial Complex
- Dr.Zia Uddin Ahmed Road
- Tel 021-263-00260(20 Lines)
- UAN 021-111-786-111
- U.S Visa Services Center
- 4th Floor, PIA Town Office
- Tower Block, Egerton Road.
- Tel: 042-6279230-8
- Fax: 042-6362048
- UAN: 042-111-786-111
When you visit US Visa center you will have to schedule your visa interview appointments.F-1 student visa applicants are required to attend an interview with us visa counselor. Applicants should submit their applications three months before their time of travel.
You are required to bring following documents when scheduling your interview appointments
- Confirmation page of DS-160 form
- Your passport which should be valid for at least 6 months at the time of submission. You are also required to bring enlarged photocopies of at least first 2 pages of current and old passport .After due verification original passport would be returned to you.
- Information form of siblings and children of applicant
- 2 to 4 pages photocopies of previous passports that cover your travel history.
- One color photograph of 2×2 size.
Visa applicants of KP and Punjab will visit US Embassy Islamabad for interview and applicants belongs to Sindh and Baluchistan will visit US Consulate Karachi for Interview. All the applicants need to arrive 30 minutes before the interview time. During the interview the Counselor will ask about your study plans, about your previous qualification, about your post-graduation plans and how will you financially support your study in US.
You will need the following documents during the interview.
- Appointment letter copy (in printed form).
- Conformation page of DS-160 form.
All Passports (Current and Previous Passports).
- Documents that proves that you are financially sound(Bank Statement in original).
- Documents regarding a person will be required who is sponsoring your studies like Bank Statement, Tax Form.
- All of your Educational Documents in original.
- SAT/TOEFL/GRE Score.
You need to expect the following type of question by the Counselor during the interview.
- Why you are going to continue your study in US?
- Why you are not continuing your Studies in your Home Country?
How did you plan your entire tenure of Education in US?
- Will you return to your Home Country after completion of your Study or will stay in US?
Answer all the questions with confidence and if you did not understand any of questions please do not hesitate to ask the counselor to rephrase the question for you. If your study visa gets approved then you will receive your passport through courier service and if your visa gets rejected then you will receive your passport and documents and the end of the interview.
Norway is the only country that offers education free of cost for the students of other countries including our country Pakistan.Therefore it a golden opportunity for Pakistani students to continue their studies in Norway. You can secure admission........ Read More
First you have to apply in University for admission, getting admission is not an easy task because students from everywhere apply for admission therefore you have to apply for number of courses in several universities so that you have a good chance of securing........ Read More
Any Pakistani student who wishes to continue his/her studies at New Zealand can send his application to the immigration office located at Dubai its address is given below. Immigration New Zealand – Dubai BranchSuite 1503, API Tower Sheikh Zayed Road Dubai, United Arab Emirates........ Read More
To apply for Australian study visa you have to follow number of steps.Selection of Institution & Course.There are two ways to take admission in any institution & Course.You can directly apply for admission to an institution though its website for submission of application......... Read More